1.8.21

Production resumes

 Forgive me Blogger, for I have sinned.  It has been 5 years since my last post...

After finishing a masters degree, a bathroom remodel and then a kitchen remodel, I found that I had some extra time and some additional construction confidence.  With some renewed interest in finishing the boat project and making some extra garage space, I dusted off the clamps and wood planes and got back at it.  

When I left off in 2016, here's where she stood:


Before I detail recent progress, I need to rewind to 2018 when I had a couple days of motivation.  The deep V in the bottom of the cockpit on these boats not really comfortable when standing.  I decided I needed a floorboard to provide a nice flat place for feet.  I glued in a nice place to mount the forward end of the floor board and then glued down the board.  I also added some additional support behind the aft bulkhead to provide some meat to screw in the hiking strap eyes.  


A couple gallon paint cans provided the necessary weight to ensure a good faying surface bond with the bottom of the boat.  I also added a couple layers of carbon fiber where the partial bulkheads for the gunwale tanks will be.  Fast forward to 2021 for further progress...



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you're back on track. Hope to see both you and this boat at the Nats in September. PM me when you are ready to buy a sail number.

    ReplyDelete